Monday, December 22, 2008

A Catastrophe turned good...

Last week while traveling home with 4 of my children (coming home from school pickup) we were broadsided by an woman, whom we later discovered had NO INSURANCE!! That was a real dissapointment knowing that we would probably not see our deductible returned. To make matters even worse...I went to the shop that had my car a few days later to get a book I had left in it. When I told the employee there what my car was and what I needed to retrieve from it, she informed me my vehicle was deemed a "total loss"!! I was shocked and horrified and thinking "this woman has the wrong vehicle"---infact I asked her a couple of times "my Kia Sedona?" See...we just purchased this car in July and got a fantastic deal on it b/c of a mistake in price on the dealer's part!! I was very sad to say the least. I cried all the way home with my few items I had cleared out of my van. I have to admit, I was very angry with this uninsured motorist that had caused all these problems for our family and had thought about if someone would have been hurt, how would she have to pay for that. It has taken great prayer to overcome those hurtful feelings toward her and realize that the most important thing to come out of this situation is that no one was hurt and that for reasons only Heavenly Father knows, this happened and we have something to learn from it. Fortunately, we did find another vehicle to meet our needs and it was less expensive!!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

HI Staci. I found your blog off of Susan's. So sorry to hear about the wreck, but glad that you were able to find something.
Mike always reminds me that Heavenly Father is ALWAYS aware of our needs and I know that is true, but it is sometimes hard to remember that when you are in the moment. I'm glad that you were able to see the silver lining.
Thanks for sharing your story.

Susan said...

Hi Staci - I am so sorry to hear that!

Susan said...

(Oops, I posted before I was finished)Thanks for sharing that. It is sometimes hard for me to see the blessings through the pain. I appreciate the reminder. You are so right - no one was hurt and that is what is most important!

Parkes Family said...

You are so good!! i know things are gonna work out good..you are so positive and see good in everybody, I know you will see the good outcome about this!
Lisanka :)